For Sale - WA Transport Board & 1920/30's Wagin Dealerrare enamel plates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdcorks_*

Guest_jdcorks_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

For sale are the two below WA Transport Board Plates. I wont use the over used word rare...but these are extremely scarce. They are a speciality of mine, and I can account for maybe 10 of the blues, and less of the oranges. They date to early to mid 1940's probably...but very little is known fact wise. They are an additional plate to show the vehicle was licensing to carry goods...research suggests to carry goods by road instead of on the rails by train

Price...has to be decent. Condition not perfect...but these are not available commonly. To put it in perspective, the only 2 blues I have seen sell in the past few years each made over $350 on ebay....I am not expecting anything like that.

These are originally from the Clarrie Wilding (decd) collection, and have been with me for about 8-9 years. I have upgraded both in my run at a serious cost (reflecting rarity and condition) and need to recoup at least some of the dollars.

********************************************************************************

For sale is this Wagin Municipal Council Dealer plate. The style suggests these plates date to the 1920 / 30's - denoted by the use of the thin letters and number.
A couple of these are known, but they are not common by any stretch...the later 1940's / 50's dealers are a little more common but this is earlier.

Attached File  WN268.jpg   21.59K   10 downloads

Condition...for a plate pushing 80 years old it is actually generally very nice. Has good gloss. I have never tried to clean or restore it...good project for someone. The issue is the rust damage to the bottom right corner. I would suggest prospective buyers ask for photos. Vin Tatti would be happy to repair it for a small fee...he quoted me last year when I obtained another but I have never got around to arranging it....so this one can go. The damage is a rust hole right thru the plate - the corner is is still attached and could easily be fixed.

Plate came from a bottle collector who lived near Wagin and who had sourced a nice little group of plates from his scavenging...I was lucky enough to find he had moved close to me here in town a few years ago and was put onto him while trailing plates thru town after a find at a garage sale.

Value...you suggest it. I really am open to the market price. Hoping for something decent, and will try other measures if it doesnt attract it here. If you are interested, let me know, maybe make a first offer, and we can go from there.

For sale by offer. To be sold seperately or as a pair, whatever makes the buyer happy.
Offers to my email only, npcc733@hotmail.com. Please conduct all correspondance by private email. Please ask for better photos if interested.

Taking offers for the next few days, and then will look at other sale options.

If interested please let me know.

Thanks for looking, regards, Jeffrey Corker, NPCC 733

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users