• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdcorks_*

Guest_jdcorks_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hi Shedders
On the rear page (off memory) of the Jan 04 NPCC newsletter there was a picture of the plate POPO 24...with the query as to what it was.

The plate is from the town (if you can call it that...not much more than a wheat bin really) of POPANYINNING, which is in the Shire of Cuballing. The Shire of Cuballing was the slogan on the plate. Cuballing is just north of Narrogin, on the Northam to Narrogin highway (population for the whole shire is about 825).

So..its really just another of the ever expanding range of towns/district graphics which are on our roads...albeit this one has no graphic.

Cheers

Jeffrey

#2 NSW 1

NSW 1

V.I.P member

• Members
  • 4,227 posts
  • Joined 03-October 03

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:49 AM

Thank you for your informative response to that question Jeffrey. I submitted those photos for John, and I had NO idea what the plate was meant to represent, so thanks for your help. I will pass this info onto John.

Here's the pic from the newsletter

Attached File  WA_POPO_24.jpg   39.49K   3 downloads

#3 Leigh898

Leigh898

Plate Shed Master

• Members
  • 1,315 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:17 PM

Hi Jeff,
Just wondering if it is usual for town plates to have as many letters with no room for a graphic, does the layout vary or considering it's such a small community do they get the plate cheaper not having a graphic on the plate? (I'm assuming that it should be a graphic plate by the colour and layout).

#4 Matty_769

Matty_769

O T P / O C D

• Super Moderator
  • 34,967 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Spotted in Kalamunda :cheers:

Attached File  wa-cuballing-popanyinning-POPO9.jpg   42.82K   3 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users